Thursday, September 23, 2010

3 days 4 locking sessions!

So, my wonderful consultant, mentor, friend, big sis, Blenna Williams, came to town last Thursday and we worked together on 4 locking sessions over 3 days...and 2 retightenings...and I got MY locks retightened too!  It always feels SO good to be in the chair!  My last retightening was June 26! That is wayyyyyy too long in between for me...if I lived near Miss Blenna (Memphis, TN), I'd be in the chair every 5 weeks on the dot!  You may be reading this and thinking "Aren't you a consultant Syreeta?  You can retighten your own locks!"  ...and you are SO correct!  I sure could, but my arms in the 'up' position just hurts too bad!  In between seeing Miss Blenna, I have retightened the first lock of each row to camoflauge (however you spell that) the afro-growth going on...I am just so NOT interested in retightening my own locks.  That's one of the reasons I had my hair Sisterlocked anyway...because I was tired of twisting and doing my hair myself...if I retighten my locks, that's the same positioning of my arms as 2-strand twisting it!

...anyway...I haven't recovered yet from the weekend yet...Blen left on Sunday eve, I went to work Monday, visited with friends who recently had a precious lil' baby boy, went to work Tuesday and had a retightening client after, went to work Wednesday and had a retightening after....now it's Thursday - work, chiropractor appointment, Young Girls' class @ church, retightening client @ 8:30 pm....OMG!  But Friday work, but no clients, and Saturday and Sunday I have to do whatever I so desire! 

My sister and I took a jewelry making class a few weeks ago and Michael's is having a bead sale (1/2 off!) AND there is a bead show in the city this weekend, so I will work on my new hobby this weekend!!  YAY! I'll have to post some of our creations!  We only know how to do neckaces so far...

Oh yeah!! I'm excited!! I got a phone call yesterday from MY Master Sisterlocks Trainer, Michelle Bryant - she says she is forwarding my certification packet to Dr. Cornwell with a strong recommendation to certify me!!  So soon, I shall be a CERTIFIED Sisterlocks Consultant!!  Crossing my fingers, legs, arms, toes, and Sisterlocks that Dr. C. approves of me!!

Below are pics of one of our newest Sisterlocked sisters...Miss A.  {Sisterlocksversary 16Sep10}

No comments: